Friday, February 6, 2015

New place for a while

On Monday, while some were watching groundhogs nibble on people we started a hunt for a apartment here in Pereira. The house was fine and in a great neighborhood but I guess I was just looking for a little more privacy. We were sharing her place with her son and family. Has been a great three weeks and now we will try something new.
We found a furnished unit on the 11th floor in a building called Alquitrabe in the area known as Pinares. After viewing we talked with the owner and negotiated a rate including all utilities, including internet and cable tv for a period of three months for about $400/month. The balcony was set up with brackets for a hammock, so I was happy. The microwave has a toaster built into the right side, first
I ever have seen that. There is lots of natural light as we have two outside walls.

Guest bath



Balcony view left

Balcony view center

Balcony view right









Gloria's younger son Mauricio with Estefany and Miguel Angelo

Local wood I thought was bamboo, but is bigger and called Guadua






Love the colors on this guy



Beautiful bridge made of guadua
There is an indoor garage space if I feel the urge to get a car, or motorcycle. It is on a dead end street on the edge of town so it is very quiet. We are only 3 blocks from the Arboleda Mall that has a theatre, grocery store and mall stuff. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby too.
Seeing how my only source of funds is my one tyme card, I thought it would be a good idea to open a debit account with a local bank. No big deal, pretty much the same stuff as USA except for the fingerprints.
Last Sunday we went to a park with her son's family called Comfamiliar. Very large with zoo, aviary, historical trails, sugar cane process, swimming pools, restaurants and trails all over. Very cool, we had a great time. Been in a pattern of afternoon showers leaving the evenings cool, but I am not complaining after hearing what Wisconsin has gone through in the last week. Stay warm my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment